Network access in the public areas and the meeting rooms within the building of the Computer Science Department is implemented using the kuleuven-guest wireless network and the cabled campusnet network.
How to connect your computer to the network
- You need an account and password on the KULeuven
authentication servers: either a [mrs]1234567 (students), u1234567 (personnel) or cn0035* (guests) account:
- all 3 kinds of accounts give access on the cabled campusnet network, on the wireless kuleuven-guest network, only the guest accounts can be used
- personnel and students should use one of the other wireless networks that are available if they want/need a wireless network.
- Connect your computer to one of the CS-CampusNet network sockets (marked in RED) or the kuleuven-guest wireless network.
- Your computer should use DHCP to obtain a working network
- As DHCP is the most common protocol used by ISPs, your computer probably already is configured to do so.
- Your computer now gets an IP number and limited access to the network.
- Start any browser and visit any Internet location.
- Your browser will be redirected to the KULeuven login screen https://netlogin.kuleuven.be/
- Authenticate as shown below ... make sure to select K.U.Leuven as institution and not K.U.Leuven bezoekers/visitors nor KHLeuven
- After succesful login you have network access to the KULeuven networks and to the Internet.
Step 1: select institution:
Step 2: authenticate:
This page can best be printed on A3 and with the screen grabs side-by-side as on: