- Out-of-office/vacation configuration tools - to set your message and turn it on and off
DescriptionProcmail(1) is a filter program with which all incoming mails can be filtered/processed. If you want to know all the details, read the manual procmail(1).
Procmail can a.o be used to:
- throw away or put in separate folders all spam-mails that have been detected and labeled as such by our anti-spam scanner
- send an automatic out-of-office message to whomever sends you e-mail during your holiday or other absence
Which version am I using right now?
To detect which version you are using, you have to look at your .procmailrc in your mailhome directory :
- First find out which mail server your (new/incoming) mail is hosted on, as described on the E-Mail Client Configuration Overview
- Then use the table below to find the matching mailhome directory
your mail is hosted on: your mailhome directory is: your mailfolder directory is: mail3 (aka bos) /cw/mailhome3/loginname /cw/mail3/loginname mail4 (aka canis) /cw/mailhome4/loginname /cw/mail4/loginname
What the mailhome and mailfolder directories are used for, is also described on the above E-Mail Client Configuration Overview page.
You can access your mailhome and mailfolder directories from most departmental machines (e.g. of your research group or ssh.cs.kuleuven.be).
You are using the web version if your .procmailrc begins with:
# Do not change this file, but configure your procmail on:
If your .procmailrc looks different, you are probably using your own/manual procmail configuration and then you of course are completely responsible for its contents ;-) You might however, find some help on our procmail filter documentation.